Catching Up On the World of Library WebTech

So, I thought myself fairly knowledgeable in the area of library technology. Turns out, every aspect of library technology has its own communities, its own published body of knowledge, its own go-to gals and guys. Yes, you say, well, duh. I thought much of my experience in social media and online marketing would carry over into my new web services position, but I’m finding out that this is a wonderful new pond, with wonderful new fish.

As I learn of this stuff, so shall you, because I’m pedantic like that. I mean generous. Whatevs. Either way, I am starting a list for myself of web services-type librarians. I’m mostly concerned with blogs I should be reading, people I should be following on Twitter, and library websites I should look to for best practices. You should help me with this endeavor, because you’re a nice person, and you totally just thought of someone or something I left off the list.

Who is missing from this list? Let me know in the comments!

PS – If you’re having trouble viewing the silly embedded spreadsheet, you can view the full spreadsheet here.

PPS – Yes, I should have linked those twitter usernames. I will. Tomorrow. [DONE]

PPPS – I split the list into 2 lists.

This entry was posted in career, library technology, library websites, TheUbiquitousLibrary, web design, web development, websites. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Catching Up On the World of Library WebTech